Looking for a day trip or a weekend getaway, then come visit Yadkin County and enjoy the Sixth Annual Yadkin Winter Reds Event sponsored by the Town of Yadkinville and Yadkin County Tourism Development Authorities. Yadkin Winter Reds Event 2015 will feature 7 wineries in January and 7 wineries in February. A great opportunity to visit Yadkin County wineries!
The wineries will feature their “Winter Red” (2 oz. pour) paired with a 4 oz. serving of a tasty food item. Ticket prices for each weekend are $20.00 per person. Each ticketholder will have a starting winery where they will receive their souvenir glass and a map.
Winter Reds Event will be held January 31 – February 1, 2015 and February 28 – March 1, 2015. Hours will be Noon to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.
January 31- February 1
Only a limited number of tickets sold for each weekend. Tickets must be purchased by January 28, 2015.
January Weekend will feature these 7 wineries:
- Allison Oaks Vineyards will feature Country Ham & Smokey Gouda Pimento Cheese Slider paired with Ms. Mimi
- Cellar 4201 will feature Herb Roasted Pork Loin paired with Sangiovese
- Divine Llama Vineyards will feature Chocolate Cake made with In A Hearbeat paired with In a Heartbeat
- Flint Hill Vineyards will feature Chili paired with Tres Cerise
- RagApple Lassie Vineyards will feature Lamb Meatballs paired with Syrah
- Sanders Ridge Vineyards will feature Mini NC Grassfed Peppercorn Encrusted Beef Sliders paired with Big Woods
- Sweet Home Carolina Winery will feature Sweet Home’s Creamy Potato and Sausage Soup with Home Baked Bread paired with Wild Thin
February 28- March 1
Only a limited number of tickets are sold for each weekend. Tickets must be purchased by February 25, 2015.
February Weekend will feature these 7 wineries:
- Brandon Hills Vineyard will feature Meatball Sliders paired with Raptor Red
- Dobbins Creek Vineyards will feature Grilled Vegetable Pizzetta paired with Cabernet Franc
- Hanover Park Vineyards will feature Lamb French Style paired with Mourvedre
- Laurel Gray Vineyards will feature Creamy Tomato Basil Soup paired with Scarlet Mountain
- Windsor Run Cellars will featured Baked Zita paired with Judge’s Verdict
- Shadow Springs Vineyards will feature Corn Chowder paired with Crimson Sunset
- Yadkin Valley Wine Company will feature Cherry Chocolate Bread paired with Cherry Jubilee
Lodging Discounts for the Yadkin Winter Reds Event for January & February weekends. You must mention you are staying for the Winter Reds Event in order to the get the discount.
- Vintage Inn Bed & Breakfast located in Yadkinville will be offering a 10% discount off a two-night minimum stay.
- Aquilla Creek Cottage in East Bend will be offering a 20% discount off a two-night minimum stay.
- Sanders Ridge Vineyards Cabin in Boonville will be offering $5.00 off each night with a two-night minimum stay.
Also, check out our calendar of events for additional activities happening the weekend of the Yadkin Winter Reds!
Tickets for the Winter Reds are available at the Yadkin County Visitors Center (The Chamber office), on-line at www.visityadkin.com or by phone at 1-877-4YADKIN.